Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fashion > Food

To be or not to be, that is the question... or maybe not. To be fashionable is a subjective lifestyle. Honestly, that is the best part about shopping- I may feel like a classic beauty look in an A-line dress or boho-chic in a drapey sundress.

The real question is how far will you go to be fashionable? Are groceries more important than a pair of Tory Burch flats? I'm sure we have all had that moment when we are in the aisle of our favorite store with an arm filled with clothes and in the other hand; the cell phone to calculate if and how to afford it. At that moment, we all become instantaneous mathematician, ready to solve the most complex algorithms. At that moment, begins what I like to call, "lets make a deal." I tell myself how now would be the perfect time to start that diet that I've been putting off or how packing a sandwich and a salad for three weeks is actually very tasty.

Now I know this sounds ridiculous to some, but this is the reality of $20 and some change. I challenge everyone the next time you find yourself playing "lets make a deal" to lay each item out and think through these three questions:
  1. Where you are going to wear it and is it relative (Is this going to sit in the bag for a month?)
  2. Who are you trying to be? (Is this a new look that you are on the fence about?)
  3. Do you have what you need to pull it off? (every purchase needs help, can you provide that?)
My $20 and some change purchase of the week is from T.J. Maxx. Now let me say, I rarely go to T.J Maxx but every now and then they surprise me


This cute mustard and hunter green color block dress is very on trend for the season and at a whopping $29.99, I stayed true to the mission! Stay tuned for pictures of how I wore it- it's extremely flattering on...



1 comment:

  1. Cute dress! I'm excited to see it.

    Enjoying the blog so far, but I'm scared of t.j.maxx.

    ReplyDelete